Hey all! Recently, Lizzy Murphy and I connected on Twitter. I LOVE meeting fellow readers and writers who also share my passion for God and His word, so when she asked if I would be interested in collaborating on our YouTube channels, it was a no brainier!
I think one of the reasons that this tag appeals to me so much, is because I’ve never seen anything like it before. There a lot of author tags, writing tags, and Christian tags… As a Christian fiction writer, I don’t fit into either category. I’m a little bit of both!
So why not have a tag just for people like me and Lizzy? Hence *dramatic music* THE CHRISTIAN AUTHOR TAG!!!
We both posted the videos to our YT channels today, so you can go and check out all of our answers and how we did the tag. While we both tagged some people to join us in the fun, I thought I’d post the questions here just in case one of you wanted to do the tag too!!!
I think it’s a great way for us writers to connect and I hope to meet lots of Christian fiction authors/Christian authors through this tag! Here are the questions:
- What does it mean to you to write Christian fiction?
- What is your book about?
- What are some books from Christian authors you’ve read?
- Did you know you wanted to write Christian fiction?
- How would you say your writing affects your relationship with the Lord and how you view the Bible?
- Is there a “sense of responsibility” when it comes to writing Christian Fiction, to be faithful to the message of Christianity? Do you see it as being a stressful or difficult part of writing, or as an great opportunity to share God’s love?
- What makes Christian Fiction different from other genres?
- How is it different from writing regular fiction, Christian fiction?
- What are some challenges to writing Christian Fiction (that might not be challenges for writing in another genre)?
- Is it harder to write Christian fiction
- When strangers ask you what you write, is it ever difficult to explain Christian fiction? Do you struggle to share your faith in these situations.
If you do this tag, please let me know! I would love to watch your video, get to know you, and hear more about your books! Anyways, until next time,